Sherwood Park Figure Skating Club (SPFSC) Member
Members are those skaters (CanSkate, Starskate and Competitive) who skate out of the Glen Allen Recreation Complex and are registered with Skate Canada as members of the SPFSC.
Member in Good Standing
To be a member in good standing, all club members must pay, within 30 days, all club fees and coaching fees.
Refunds are issued for extenuating circumstances only (such as relocation, serious illness or injury). All refund requests must be made in writing. Refunds are subject to a $25.00 administration fee plus one month of skating fees beyond the date of the written notice. Refunds will exclude the Skate Canada Membership Fee. The SPFSC does not issue refund in the event that ice time is cancelled due to test day, special events or mechanical breakdown.
There is a $25.00 service fee charged for N.S.F. Cheques.
Club Rules and Safety Guidelines
- Skaters must abide by the rules and safety guidelines posted at the club
- Right of way on the ice: 1st coaches; 2nd skaters receiving lessons; 3rd skaters doing programs
- Get up immediately when you fall, as it is dangerous to remain on the ice surface
- Kicking the ice surface will not be tolerated
- There can be no skaters on the ice when the Zamboni is on the ice
- Do not stand on the ice to visit. Do your visiting in the dressing rooms
- Food and drink (except water bottles) are not allowed on or near the ice surface
- No Freeskate during Dance time
- No Freeskate or Dance during Skills time
- No Dance or Skills during Freeskate time
- Only skaters and coaches may enter the ice area
- Programs will be played once per session and more often only if time allows
- Music requests made by coaches during a lesson will take precedence
- Abuse of the music equipment will not be tolerated
- Profanity, foul language, intimidation, slander, abusive behaviour, or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated on the ice or in the building
- Individuals are responsible for their own valuables
- Please keep the rink and dressing rooms clean - use garbage containers
- All non-participating minors must be under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian while on the premises
Remember this is your club and safety is everyone's responsibility. Continuous violation of club rules and safety guidelines may result in a suspension from the club.